Friday, December 24, 2010

Hainan Chicken Rice - Yum

Funnily, only after moving away from Singapore did I attempt to make the famous Singapore Hainan Chicken rice and even more funny was the fact I learned the secret to the delicious recipe from a Singaporean restaurant here in Tokyo.
So happened that at this restaurant they encouraged diners to make their own chicken rice at home and helpfully illustrated the preparation steps on their disposable paper place mats.
Anyways, I nabbed one of the place mats and told Vi I'd try to make this at home and voila -- here's what I made!





Rice tasted just like the kind from the local S'porean hawker stall and the chicken was poached & iced, just like they also do in Singapore (except I used only the healthy white meat and no dark meat/skin). Only need to perfect the chili sauce and perhaps cook the chicken-ginger broth longer. All in all though, Vi approved and said I did a goood job, yay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment